Post 7: An expert/person in your field that you admire

 Hello everyone, today I will writte about an expert/person in my field that I admire.

In general, I admire all the women in this picture, especially Marie Curie and Rosalind Franklin, because their stories and contributions have been a great influence for me, to want to dedicate myself to science.

Marie Curie has been one of the most influential scientists in the world, winner of two Nobel Prizes for her discovery of radium and polonium. She also worked with radioactivity, and her studies have been very important to treat cancer, and she also contributed to saving lives during the First World War thanks to her invention of mobile X-rays.

On the other hand, Rosalind Franklin made one of the most important discoveries of the 20th century, beacause her work with X-rays helped her to visualize that DNA was composed of a double strand, however, she was forgotten in her time and she had a very short life so other scientists took the credit for her great discovery.

I also admire them for their struggles to achieve gender equality, because they developed in an era with a lot of machismo and inequality towards women. I think their stories are truly inspiring and admirable.

 

Comentarios

  1. Hi Elisa: In times past, very few women worked in science. It is admirable to look back in time and see how difficult it was for them to be able to show how important they are ...

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 2: Why did I choose my major?

Post 5: A photo and its story

Post 1