Post 2: Why did I choose my major?

When I was a little girl I really liked veterinary medicine, I always played to ''operate" on my stuffed animals and keept them under observation, but I suddenly thought that I would not be emotionally strong enough to sacrifice a pet or operate on it in real life, so I discarded that idea. 

Then, when I started high school, I started to like the industrial engineering because i liked mathematics but then I found it a little boring; I also liked forensic medicine because I watched the series CSI, Criminal Minds and NCIS, but I had to study medicine and go through pediatrics (something I never liked). 

At the end of high school, I started to like biology and chemistry, and I started to look for careers that would cover those areas and I found biotechnology engineering, I liked it a lot because I felt that it included everything I liked but I did not have the score to enter (so sad 🤧 ) and my 2nd option was biochemistry (I also liked it a lot because I found them similar) and I stayed here and the truth is that I do not regret it, I really like what I study although it has been a little difficult to get used to the online modality, but the experience I had when I went to the lab was great and I decided that this was what I wanted for my life.

I still haven't decided which area of study I will go into, there are many, but the ones I like the most are environmental biochemistry, toxicology and protein biochemistry.

Comentarios

  1. Hello Elisa, I think biochemistry is a very great career, I have a former teacher who had studied that and told me that the work in the laboratories was interesting. And I totally share with you the problem of online school is difficult to get used to, I hope you are well greetings.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi ! I also got inspired by series as CSI and NCIS, I think toxicology should be the one you like the most in that case.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Elisa! We had the same dream when we were little girls hahaha
    I'm glad you will finally find what you love and what you want to dedicate yourself to for the whole vis, it's a very interesting career, with endless lavoral options.
    Best regards!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 5: A photo and its story

Post 1